Monday, December 7, 2015

CrAcK oF dOoM fixed!


 So while finishing up the LAST BODY PANEL, yay,  I discovered the  CrAcK oF dOoM on the passenger door. Sure it's small now, but it just gets bigger. Why on the passenger side and not the drivers, I dunno.
So I got a piece of 20ga sheet steel and cut a chunk out.

 I missed the picture of the holes, but I drilled the end of the crack to stop its progress.  Then I went nuts and drilled 7 other holes .
 The patch piece went under this, held by a magnet until the first weld went on.  I pressed the patch to the backside with a screwdriver then welded away.
The bodywork, even on a low welder setting , welded odd by melting unless I let the tacks cool before filling in the plug welds.
Here's what all of this is leading up to... The front "wings" are back on and the seams are straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment