Thursday, December 10, 2015

1800cc of envy

So while doing bodywork, I started to realize how "bad" the lump was looking.  I never got into the chromed out engine compartments, I'd rather spend money on things that make a vehicle more reliable.  Chrome don't get you home after all...
The nylon wheel on the drill revealed the rest of the mystery sticker on the valve cover.  Presently the only kenspeed found was Tampa and LA.

Here is the beautiful and meticulously clean valve train. 

After an hour of brushes, screwdrivers, brake cleaner, engine degreaser, and simple green, here's the naked lump. Original markings??

The paint came off way too easily on the valve cover.  I just kept going with a nylon brush and it shined up nice. Then I put a coat of clear sealer over it.

Here's the lump after paint. I also clear coated the block side covers.  Now to get new gaskets for everything removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment