Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Transmission and engine seals + clutch

So the front bearing shim was installed in the transmission, a .05 came out , I put in .06"
The rear transmission nut laughed at my attempts to put it back on, so I had to take it to a shop with a large impact.

 One dirty back plate. The rear main seal is the typical weepy orange type.
 I keep hearing about how much better these are so we're trying vitron seals
 The flywheel had the nearly new disc partially froze to it for decades.  Not glazed over, but probably the second disk on it.
Prettiest part of the vehicle and nobody is going to see it. $37.50 well spent.

 the pilot bushing
Was worn enough a 5/8 deep socket fit in it. Way too worn.  
I tried the grease hydraulic pressure method of removing it but ended up hand sawing a groove into it and pulling it that way.
New one went in with minimal exertion.

No comments:

Post a Comment