Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Heart implant

I got around to getting a hoist and moving the lump (engine) and transmission vertically for a change.
After hoisting, I used gunk gel engine cleaner.  Stuff works pretty good with a bristle brush.  It says on the can to warm the engine first, but since it's already 100* outside, I figured that would work too.

I didn't move the chain from the pull so the transmission down position was pre set.
I took off the shifter ring and 3 bolts so it wouldn't snag on the way in.

The only change was I had to lift the front of the B to get the hoist under it.

Here's part of the trick... It gets this far and you forget about the Damn crossmember that the tailshaft has to go over.  I didn't have enough hands to move the tailshaft and get pics. 

Almost in situ.  The front motor mounts are dead on, the transmission mounts are the biggest PITA ever.  I need to re pull the xmember to get the last two pad bolts in.
On to engine accessories.
 I can sandblast then paint around  the engine without pulling it I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment