Thursday, June 11, 2015

progress!

  I made some progress, but missed some pics due to busy hands and spring shackles that were about to piss me off.  Then I added some 85/140 gear oil ( yes, yes its thicker than it should be, but it wont hurt anything.) 

UPDATE:  new rubber axle limiting straps already starting to split, haven't even drove with them yet!  $18 down the tubes. It has been noted that a lot of aftermarket stuff is crap...
 I saw some nylon strap ones on fleabay for $30 that I'll try.

I even got brake lines and hoses installed with new wheel cylinders!  The spring shackles kept pushing out the
new bushings, it took 1/2 hour to get those in.  Axle limit straps arrived a day after this. 

The tank wasn't that bad except the bolts between the tank and the rear valance.
I ran the rear fuel / brake lines prior to axle install, which made it a bit easier.
Also ran the rear wiring harness.
Just need to run the chassis fuel and brake lines to the new master cylinder.

No comments:

Post a Comment