Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Handbrake re installed, waiting on parts

  I found all the parts to the handbrake and reinstalled the 3 screws to the transmission tunnel.
The handbrake cable was greased prior to install and slack was pulled to the handle side, since the drum side isn't hooked up- awaiting boots. 

  Make sure the bell crank on the axle where the cable goes through can sway to and fro.  Mine needed to be hammered apart, cleaned and greased to work.

  Hoping parts get in soon, as I need the mg back on its feet to get the drivetrain back in and move to a newer home.  After Victoria British sends the front wheel bearing shims, the brakes can get bolted on, then the wheels and tires. 

  The hard lines that bolt under the car through the rubber isolaters were put back in-
   Honestly- it had been 3 months since I'd messed with them and forgot the order that they lay so I asked the MG experience people and they replied with this:

"On my 74m starting from outboard, it's rear brake line, evap recovery line, battery cable, fuel line."

Thanks to AVIMAX from Canada

I completely forgot that I had to add in the battery cable to the mix, since I never had a rear mounted battery car before.  Need a new cable really.

No comments:

Post a Comment