Friday, May 8, 2015

undercoating.

I finally got around to putting undercoating on the B. It will protect it from the elements and quiet it down considerably.
  Raptor liner takes a couple shots, and air pressure tweaking , and mixing consistantly, and keeping the schutz gun a constant distance to get the product on right.
It recommends 40 to 60 psi.
If you shoot it at the lower 40
(all other things being equal) you get bigger spackling effect.
At 25 psi it looks like a flicked booger.  I found this out when my compressor blew a gasket an couldn't keep up!  
  If you change the hardener ratio it goes on too wet, also if you get too close or pause you will have puddling. 
  By the second or third can you're a pro!
 
this was the starting point after getting the floorboards in.
The body seams were sealed , the
Panels sanded, cleaned with xylol, primered with acid etch and rough sanded again to give some grip..
I chose to shoot some upol (raptor liner) on it. I used herculiner on past projects, but didn't need the super grippy texture. 

You can see some of the welds in the floor through the liner, but it looks sooooooo ( enough o's?) much better.
It also got rid of the tinny metal sound.

While I was at it... I shot the trunk area too.  It kinda had the textured trunk paint appearance except in black.

No comments:

Post a Comment