Wednesday, May 20, 2015

my mgb just gained 173 lbs!

I completely redid the front end, paint, poly bushings, cleaned everything.  I even had the pleasure of changing shock oil.  Everyone says 20W or lower, I've heard mineral oil even.   Most posts said to use hydraulic jack oil.   So that's what I went with.  It does have anti foaming properties.
  The fronts were pretty good colorwise, one of the rears looked as if it had been topped off with regular oil.  It took a quart with some flushing to do 4. It's interesting to see how the little aluminum b**tards work.
 Total cost: $3.79.
Although the concept of just bolting it up there is nice, the front 2 crossmember bolts wouldn't just slide into the hole.
I had to push them up through the crossmember hole underneath.
The rears were a lot easier.
Ain't that a purty front end?

I did manage to get the steering arms on backwards.  You'll find out when the bottom caliper bolts cant go into the hole.  😩
Going to get the rear cleaned and bolt it back on so it'll be a roller again!

No comments:

Post a Comment