Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Interior "cest fini" after 2 days.

At the bottom of the box I found the
"missing" interior panels. My bad.

I started the interior with carpet, then seats, then panels.
 The passenger toeboard carpet was glued to the drivers side mistakenly.  A putty knife fixed that.
 I think it was the combination of the 97* TX heat and spray glue.  Dude. Whoa.

The seat frame needed a new piece welded in to fix the rusty back pipe. 
This got cleaned of rust and repainted.

Carpet installed,  I used stainless snaps on the floor mats, 2 at back 1 in front of heel pad. The snaps took awhile to install and match to the carpet.

Seats. I used the bag trick to put the backs on the cushions.  Super easy.  
Getting the rail bolts through the carpet into the floor holes was harder than covering.

Heres the tetris piece of carpet. About 1 foot square.
 Had no idea where it was supposed to go. 
 Had stitching in it but nothing else. No edging.
  I found it went inner passenger side over that hump.  It needed trimming for the floor vent and around the front near the floor.



Your personal guided tour ...

Family commented that the seats were
" more comfortable than the sofa"

No comments:

Post a Comment