Friday, November 27, 2015

A little wheel paint and surprise


The wheels are finally silver, why? Because new tires are on the way.
I bought the masking for the black paint. They work, it would almost be as easy w some good tape though.  





They aren't extremely sticky so some places needed re pressing prior to painting and there was some overspray.

I didn't use satin black , I tried graphite.  Both duplicolor wheel paints.

A little more of a "ghostly" shadow on the wheels.  They recieved a couple coats of clear to top it all off and new center caps.
Guess what showed up on black Friday?  185/65/14 s, that's what.
The most weight used on a wheel was .75 oz in two different places.
Really surprised they balanced out that well.

If I could I'd go for a tow around the block. Its now starting to look like a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment