Friday, February 13, 2015

slow progress

  So if you have had the pleasure of removing a wiring harness intact from a B, you know how much fun I had today.   I am going to plasma cut a 1' x 1' hole back through the firewall to make installation easier.  
  The thickest part of the loom is where the windshield wiper plug is at the inner firewall, so just gently pull it in the cab?? No.  It hangs on everything, the brake and starter branches need to be fed through first, then fight the plugs to the rear wiring, starter relay, and fuse box without ripping off the i.d. tags I put on the wires.
  So after an hour or so- the only thing left is the plugs to the lights under the car and the headlights.
I tested the run on valve when I took it out-   The thing still works after 42 years believe it or not. 
Naked.

Naked


The new floorpans came in today also.  They are made in Britan, by Ashley Hinton (kinda rhymes)
PN MGB051L and I guess R.  I tried looking them up by this part number, but last I saw them mentioned was early 2000s.

They have caged seat nuts already installed and have a lip that may help.  I will have to add a few studs for the piping and wiring under the B. 
 This is the big board of parts.  Since floor space is limited- the only way to go is up. (the loading ramps didn't come out of the B.  All of the bolts from an assembly get thrown in a ziplock, marked what they are, then thrown into a milk crate at the bottom of the board.  It is going to be tight when the axle, front end, doors and windshield are off the body!

No comments:

Post a Comment