Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Im bleeding! And mr gasket sucks.

My clutch and brakes with some success.  I lost the mity vac during the move, I'm sure it'll show up after I'm done. As usual.
Found a few loose brake fittings that got snugged down.  Just need help with a proper bleed. The front bleeders are a 7/16 wrench, the rears are just hella small.

Now. On to the fuel pump.  I installed a mr gasket 42s Pump about a year ago in hopes of filling the tank and firing the old girl right on up.
Blew air through all the line's and they're clear. So that's not it.

It's supposed to be a self priming pump. But it doesn't.
I tried putting gas into the line to prime it, but it spit it back out.
Finally after several tries I removed it to prime it by hand.
The filter that came with it came loose- quality😉👍
Then the outlet port / backflow prevention device fell out with hose stretched.  It was just pressed on, not screwed.

Piece of crap Mr gasket pump.
 Press fit nipple came off outlet side.

Either of these while driving could cause you to grind to a halt or a fire.
Mind you this is a brand new, never used pump.
* Read the reviews before purchasing. * Amazon has a pretty good review section

No comments:

Post a Comment